Monday, August 13, 2007

Write What You Know

Decided to shelf The Island Of Eve. The plot couldn't develop and after reading fantasy/futuristic novels I got tired of trying to think up a whole planet. I don't think I'm up to the challenge yet. I can't even write a damn complete story. However, pot of gold at the end of the optimistic rainbow.

The Scarlett Shoe--a lot of research, let me tell you. It's compelling stuff but I hope I don't get lost in it. What happens if I can't write? What happens if I never do sell a story?

An artist is continually plagued with self-doubt. It's your nature, programmed from birth to always question. Question your talent, question your ability to actually function as a productive human being. Question everything in the whole universe. And then feel horribly selfish and self-absorbed and a complete spore. Yes. A spore. Off rotting cheese.

I don't feel like a spore today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: